Tuesday, October 04, 2005


I got this cutting board on Lawrence Street - I don't know if maybe it was the top of someone's dishwasher because it's got a lip on the front of it like it was part of a built-in something or other - but it looked like it was about the right width for my kitchen counter so I brought it home and lo-and-behold it was a perfect fit - so Bob's-your-uncle I have a perfect butcher block for nothing! Fuck you Martha Stewart!




This book shelf was on Pepperell Street on a Wednesday afternoon when I was driving home from work - it turned out there were these 2 Serbian women cleaning out their garage right at that moment and they were like "we've got all this other stuff back here if you want to check it out!" - and I was like - well actually just this book shelf is perfect for me if that's okay with you - they DID have a lot of good stuff, but it was just so overwhelming to actually be able to go through stuff for free. A lot of people would've gone crazy and taken everything but I just couldn't get my head around it. That and I had to get home to the dogs. But this is a pretty nice book case, eh? I didn't even have to paint it or anything - and it's not bowed in the middle - it was in perfect condition. Already painted black.

See that shoe shine box on the shelf? I paid $1.50 for that at Frenchy's. That always reminds me of my brother because he's got one and he's very into having his shoes shined nice - and he's always had a shoe shine box just like that - so when I saw that box for $1.50 I had to buy it.


I got that wooden box below the Rubbermaid box on Robie Street. For some reason I have a weakness for old antique shipping type boxes - I think it's the patina - especially when they've spent time outside. This one needs new hinges because the old ones are all rusted and have separated from each other - but the wood is still in excellent condition. I have a serious weakness for boxes.


I LOVE this lounger - I also found it on Robie Street - completely separate from the above box but very close geographically. All that was wrong with it was a couple rotten planks which I replaced and then painted so that you can't tell which ones are different. But I love this lounger because now I lay out on the deck with the dogs in the night time. I love to lay out there and listen to the wind. Unfortunately I can also hear the neighbours verbally abuse their 2 young children though, which sucks. But the wind going through the trees on my back 40 is awesome while having Buttercup laying on my chest - and now Teddy laying on my legs. DEFINITELY worth twice the price I paid for this! haha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home