Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I got this lamp from Connaught Ave - some more teak. That lamp is neat too - it's got a globe on it - but I bought it at Value Village for like $3 so it doesn't qualify as garbage chic.



This is a closet rod that I haven't put up yet - I'm going to hang quilt fronts that I have yet to put together on it in the rat's room. I got it on Duncan Street. All that was wrong with it was the paint was white and cracking like crazy and the rod was loose so I hammered a nail into each end and now it's as tight as everyone I talk to is when I ask them if they want to buy one of my quilts!


This is a foot-stool/seat that my feet are currently resting on! They were in the garbage area of my old apartment building. I actually have 2 of these. They had plastic covers on them which I replaced with nice fabric that I had and now they look beautiful.


This shelving unit was put out in the garbage in the apartment building I used to live in, so it was dragged back inside by moi to live out the rest of it's useful days by me. It now holds a small portion of my fabric stash.


This book case I found on my way home from work one day on Cedar Street - I find a lot of stuff on my way home from work NOT on garbage day - but just when people are tossing stuff to the curb and I happen to be passing by! It is solid maple but it was painted the pukiest colour lavender that a lot of wood seems to be painted and it's my belief that wood should either be the colour God intended it to be or it should be painted brown.

I started scraping it, but that was taking too long - so I went with plan B and painted it brown. And this is the finished result - which is now in my bedroom and holding my Buddhist paraphenalia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home